Chef dies after eating ‘super hot’ chilli

30 09 2008

I can honestly say, I sympathise with this story..

I once ate a whole habanero chilli in a curry-house oop North and suffered long for my bravado.

I’d like to think it was a bet, but it wasn’t I was simply drunk and showing off. A waiter offered me a little berry and said ‘be careful’, so, obviously, I ate it in one..

I guess I should have been a little concerned when he gasped and ran off to the kitchen to fetch some water.. not a glass but a jug. Then he returned again with more water and a bowl of yoghurt which he made me eat..

After half an hour I was in so much pain I couldn’t speak and my hands were shaking, my vision was blurred and I was sweating badly.. I vaguely remember paying and leaving for home but nothing more.

Luckily for me, I woke up in the morning (unlike this guy) but that was only so I could suffer the after effects of my evenings actions..

I kid you not it took three days before I could ‘go’ without trepidation..

I’m not the only one, either, I’ve been to this pub and had a similar experience to the other people’s reviews..

I don’t eat habanero now.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

One response

14 11 2008
Mrs.Catt

Snicker!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: